Movicol Junior is used for the treatment of constipation in adults and children 2 years and older.
Movicol Junior Flavour Free 30 Sachets has no flavouring or sweetener, and dissolves easily in water.
About Movicol Junior
- effective relief of constipation in children (aged 2-11 years)
- half strength formulation for children 2 years and older
- can also be used in adults who need a smaller dose
- no flavouring or sweetener
- one sachet dissolves in 62.5mL of water
- can be flavoured with cordial
- for the treatment of constipation, including chronic constipation in adults and children aged 2 years and older
- resolves and prevents recurrence of faecal impaction (as diagnosed by a doctor) in children aged 2 years and older
Use in children aged 2 years and older should be limited to 12 weeks except under medical supervision. Not recommended for use in children under 2 years of age.
Dissolve the contents of one sachet in 1/4 cup (about 62.5 mL) of water then drink it.
Each 6.9g sachet contains: macrogol 3350 6.563g, sodium chloride 175.4mg, sodium bicarbonate 89.3mg, potassium chloride 25.1mg
On reconstitution in 62.5mL of water, each sachet provides: sodium 65mmol/L, chloride 53mmol/L, bicarbonate 17mmol/L, potassium 5.4mmol/L
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Do not exceed the stated dose. Drink plenty of water, and increase fibre in diet, except in cases of medication-induced constipation. Prolonged use of laxatives is undesirable and may lead to dependence. MOVICOL Junior should not be used for treatment of faecal impaction in children for more than 7 days. If symptoms persist, see your doctor. Use only if carton seals are unbroken.
- AUST R 160225